Siena Catholic Academy Uniform Dress Code
The purpose of a dress code in a Catholic school is to foster a sense of community and a safe, secure, and productive learning environment. This is a requirement of students at Siena Catholic Academy. Our expectation is that parents will act as partners with the school staff in the enforcement of this Dress Code
Students are not permitted to wear uniforms with rips or holes. All uniforms must be clean, modest, properly fitted, and not tattered, dragging, or held together by safety pins/chains.
- Shirts must be a white polo, long or short sleeved, with the Siena shield, or a white, long-sleeved Oxford (button-down) shirt with the Siena shield. Girls may wear the white polo with “Siena” embroidered on the collar.
- Only plain white shirts and undergarments may be worn under the uniform shirt.
- Shirts must be properly fitted and tucked in at all times.
- Burgundy ties purchased from the approved vendors may be worn by boys and girls with the Oxford shirts.
- All students must wear an approved fleece with the Siena logo daily from November 1st to April 30th. The uniform fleece is grey or burgundy with the Siena Shield.
- Siena uniform black or khaki pants with SCA monogram tab (purchased from an approved store listed in the uniform purchase section above).
- Pants must be worn on the waist, must not drag below the shoe, and be fit-ted properly. They may not be altered in any way other than length.
- Siena uniform khaki shorts with SCA monogram tab (purchased from an approved store listed in the uniform purchase section above) may be worn as part of the Fall and Spring Uniform.
- Belts must be worn at all times.
- Dress shoes with rubber soles or tied sneakers may be worn.
- No heel may exceed one inch.
- No sandals, clogs, slippers, Uggs, or Birkenstocks are allowed. No boots may be worn during the school day. If boots are worn to school they must be stored in the student’s locker.
- Shoes must be properly tied at all times.
- Must be worn and visible at all times.
- Any color sock may be worn. Must be appropriate.
Gym Uniform (may be purchased at Passantino Sports or Stitchworks):
- Uniform black shorts and Siena grey t-shirt.
- Must be kept clean and may not be shared among students.
- May not be worn under the school uniform on scheduled gym days.
- No jewelry or watches may be worn in gym class for safety reasons.
- Must be neat and clean.
- Hair may not be artificially colored (i.e. blue, red, green, etc.).
- Natural colors with subtle natural highlights only are allowed.
- Style should be well groomed and evenly trimmed.
- No design may be shaved into the head.
- No “extreme” or faddish hair styles as determined by Administration.
- Hair must not touch the shoulders and may not extend below the eye brow.
- Must be clean shaven.
- No makeup of any kind may be worn by any student.
- Must be appropriate and not distracting to others
- No long necklaces (longer than 16-18 inches) may be worn.
- Modestly styled jewelry, necklaces, and bracelets may be worn.
- No colored plastic bracelets will be permitted.
- Boys may not wear any earrings.
- Girls may wear one pair or a total of two earrings. No hoop earrings, only ¼ post earrings
- No head coverings including hats, hoods, or do-rags are allowed in school at any time.
Piercings and Tattoos
- No facial or body piercing is permitted for any student other than pierced ears for girls.
- No visible tattoo.
- No ink of any kind is allowed on skin.
Backpacks and Bookbags
- Backpacks and bookbags are not allowed to be carried throughout the day. Small drawstring bags may be used for gym clothes only.
The administration will be the final arbiter if there is any question regarding whether an article of clothing, accessory, or personal grooming style is acceptable.
Purchase Siena Spirit Wear from Athletic Outfitters by clicking on image above.
Purchase your school uniforms at
any of these retailers:
297 Culver Parkway, Irondequoit, NY 14609
(pants, shorts, & shirts available only)
2000 Miracle Mile Dr, Rochester, NY 14623